Ending Your Tenancy

A Tenancy Agreement can be terminated by either the Landlord or Tenant by giving the other party the required Notice under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.

If you wish to Vacate on a Periodic Tenancy Agreement - when your Tenancy Agreement fixed term has expired, you continue on a periodical agreement. 28 days written notice is required. Notice is only accepted in writing and the Notice period begins once the Notice is received in our Springvale office.

If you wish to Vacate on a Fix Term Tenancy Agreement - you will be breaking the contract you have entered into and will need to contact your Property Manager ASAP to discuss finding a suitable tenant. 28 days notice is still required. The tenant will also be responsible for the following:

  1. Paying rent until the property is re-let to a suitable tenant approved by the Landlord or until the Termination Date of the fixed term agreement, whichever occurs first.
  2. A Lease Break Fee, equivalent to one week’s rent plus GST, will be charged for marketing and advertising, tenant inspections, negotiation of a new lease between the potential tenant and the landlord and the preparation of lease documentation.

A Notice to Vacate Form can be downloaded from our website or collected from our Springvale office.